Parents Advisory Council (PAC)
Loreto College Mullingar’s Parents’ Advisory Council (PAC) is recognised by school management as a body with appropriate autonomy, organised and run by parents who operate within the context of the school’s Mission Statement. Core Loreto values underpins the work of the committee in order to ensure that the characteristic spirit of the school is developed and upheld. As partnership underpins true education, cooperation between home and school is vital. Parents are encouraged and expected to support the aims and philosophy of Loreto education. The school, therefore, offers opportunities for open communication so that both parents and school work together for the holistic development of the student.
Aims of the PAC in Loreto College:
- To further the Catholic and educational objectives of the School as articulated in the Loreto philosophy of Education. This function is fulfilled in co-operation with the Board of Management, Principal, teachers and students of the school [s26 (2) Education Act, 1998]
- To encourage parent participation in promoting the well being and interests of the pupils of the school.
- To foster good relations and communication between parents, teachers, students, and the school community.
- To provide a forum to inform and consult parents regarding school policy, plans and activities and to communicate parents’ views on such matters to the school Principal. However, the PAC will not be involved in matters relating to the internal administration of the school.
Who are the PAC?
The PAC is a group of parents who volunteer their time in supporting student life in our school. Each year, a committe is elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the PAC. Regular meetings then occur throughout the school year.
What is the role of the PAC?
The PAC plays an active role in the following:
- Talks organised on topics of interest, emerging issues in society/teenagers lives, etc.
- Organising information/social events for parents
- The collection of fundraising donations at Parent/Teacher meetings.
- Delivering parents views on school policy issues to the principal/Board of Management.
- The promotion of wellbeing of the students.
- The organisation of fundraising events for the school for resources for student use.
- Text book collection
Who can get involved?
Parents of students who currently attend Loreto College can join the PAC. New parents are always welcome. Not only would your presence on the committee benefit students, but it is a great way of meeting new parents. Email your interest to the school office firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be passed on to the relevant party.
The management and staff are very grateful to the PAC, both present and past, for their generous giving of time and ongoing contributions to school life for their children.
Reports and Meetings
Minutes of Meetings
- AGM September 2023 - will be posted here after the meeting
- AGM September 2022 - click here
- AGM September 2021 - click here
- AGM September 2020 - click here
- AGM September 2019 - click here